LISTEN UP: Your Daily Dose of the Best Music Ever
We're going with all covers today, so get ready.
- Let's start with a cover of a cover. Here's Benjamin Costello covering Iron & Wine's cover of The Postal Service's "Such Great Heights." My head hurts. Well, that's just one of the many tracks over at My ExBestFriend, a blog that also includes random covers by the Silver Jews and Mountain Goats. Great stuff.
- Here are two covers designed to make Axl Rose roll over in his grave (he's dead, right?): Copy, Right? has a jazzy/wussy take on GnR's "Patience," while ...Good Weather For Airstrikes has a kinda cool but kinda strange Norah Jones / GnR mashup called "Sweet Child 'O Ravi."
- Everybody in England is talking about Gnarls Barkley, meaning that we'll be talking about them soon enough. Bhlogiston has their cover of the Violent Femmes' "Gone Daddy Gone." It's goooood.
- Speaking of Gnarls, here's The Kooks with an acoustic cover of their hit song "Crazy." Thanks to Hi-Fi Popcorn.
- Cover of the day: Editors making "Feel Good Inc" by Gorillaz their own. Gotta love Analog Giant.
- And finally, When Apes Rule The Earth! has The White Stripes covering Dylan, Depeche Mode covering The Beatles, and Placebo covering Nirvana. What more do you need?
Thx to put my little baby -Bhlogiston- on your site. ;)
beverly from zurich, switzerland.
Posted by: bhlogiston | Apr 7, 2006 7:39:10 AM
The comments to this entry are closed.