100 Greatest 'Rock' Guitar Solos
1. Comfortably Numb - David Gilmour (Pink Floyd)
2. Stairway To Heaven - Jimmy Page (Led Zeppelin)
3. All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix
4. Freebird - Allen Collins (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
5. Maggot Brain - Edie Hazel (Funkadelic)
6. Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan
7. Eruption - Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen)
8. Highway Star - Ritchie Blackmore (Deep Purple)
9. Cause We've Ended As Lovers - Jeff Beck
10. Hotel California - Don Felder/Joe Walsh (Eagles)
Continue reading the list here. I can't say I agree with the order but all those listed deserve to be up there...
August 3, 2005 | Permalink
That's a great site, and there are plenty more music lists than that.
Posted by: Aunt Jemima | Aug 3, 2005 2:32:49 PM
Greatest Tambourine Solos
1. Green Tambourine -R.G.Nave(Lemon Pipers)
Posted by: RevHud | Aug 3, 2005 2:44:52 PM
I agree with the top choice. Definitely.
Posted by: civilbee | Aug 5, 2005 12:30:41 PM
what the hell where is "one" by kirk hammett that is alot better then alot of those up there! or even fade to black another really great solo c'mon now people.
Posted by: onefadetohorsemen | Oct 20, 2005 1:09:36 PM
If civilbee would have noticed that the guitarists metioned on the list are pioneers of the rock sound rather than a rather mainstreem popular guitarist, who in my opinion is below average if you have ever heard him live, would retract his statement.
Posted by: hello | Mar 21, 2006 6:45:26 AM
I listened to Maggot Brain, by Edie Hazel,for the first time yesterday and God he revolutionized the transition betweeen true blues and modern rock guitar. If it wasn't for his drug abuse and the color of his skin we would still be speaking name today.
Posted by: hello | Mar 21, 2006 6:51:29 AM
i think jimmy page stairway to heaven should be number one
Posted by: max hernandez | Apr 15, 2006 7:06:32 PM
The comments to this entry are closed.